Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

Decorating for the holidays has always been a low-key thing with me. I think part of that was because so many holidays requiring decorating were during the school year when I just wanted to come home at the end of the day and sit down. So I never developed the habit. I think we are about the only family on the street that doesn't put up outdoor lights for Christmas. Indoors we don't have a lot of surfaces to place things (especially since the new TV was too big for the old entertainment center and the top shelf had to be removed!), so spots for decorations are limited, even from last year. But we have a nativity set on the credenza in the entryway, snowglobes and other nativity scenes on the piano, and what appears to be the start of a Father Christmas collection on a bookcase. I like the Father Christmas gang - the white one is carved and we bought it on our honeymoon. Neal bought me the snow globe a few years ago, and we ordered the tall one in the red velvet cloak from the Smithsonian store this fall. He reminds me of one a friend had in Montana....she didn't have a tree - just put her gifts around the base of Father Christmas.

1 comment:

Tabatha said...

i like the docorations, now i need to get mine out, dont worry i am the grinch on our street as well