Thursday, August 27, 2009

That isn't normal

I have had a black thumb for a few days and I'm not sure why. On Tuesday I mowed the lawn and when I finished I wrapped the cord around the mower handle as usual. At one point while I was winding it felt like something sharp was sticking out of the cord and I thought maybe there was a wire break. I inspected the cord but didn't see any breaks. After I put the mower in the shed and returned the yard waste container to the side of the house I realized that my left thumb had no feeling. It was very hard and a little swollen, so I put ice on it and took an antihistamine. The ice helped my thumb but the drugs made me groggy. When I woke up the next morning the grogginess was gone but my thumb was changing colors and the dark section was spreading. I've never had a bee sting react like that although I do get swelling, so I don't know what caused this. I'm just grateful that it looks better today and the numbness is gone this morning.

On a much happier note, here is my darling granddaughter Celestina on her first day of kindergarten. Just like her mother, the walk to school is very short - their house is next to the school, and her mom can even look at out window during recess to see her daughter.

2 comments: