It certainly needed paint, especially after the pressure washing
Summer came, my wonderful neighbor / home teacher / scoutmaster brought his pressure washer and prepped the fence so it would be dry by the evening of the painting project. Then last Sunday morning he told me that the older YM had decided to participate in the painting project as well. It made me realize how lucky I am to live in a ward where there are so many people willing to help others.Bro H is one of the most organized people I have ever met. He had drop cloths and buckets and brushes and rollers and a table with supplies, plus buckets with clear water for cleanup. The boys arrived along with some adult leaders and they began painting.
I had a bucket and brush so I could paint the tops of the pickets while they rolled the front and back as needed, but I seemed to do more moving of rhododendron branches or lending a hand instead of actually painting very much. About 90 minutes into the project I realized they would finish the fence quite soon, so my VT partner and I began baking pizzas for them.
See the young guy in the red shirt? This was his first-ever YM activity
And this is how my fence looks after their service.
I am humbled by their generous service.



2 comments:
We do live in the best ward ever!
And this is Liz Wilcken :) I will learn how to sign out of Brian's account some day. ;)
Post a Comment