I had Thanksgiving twice this year and highly recommend it.
On Thursday I hosted a dinner for Neal's sisters, his nephew, his niece and her boyfriend.
I didn't take any pictures of the guests (their preference) but this is what the table looked like just as we were ready to eat.
Here is the menu for that day:
We had turkey, dressing, mashed poatoes and gravy of course. Instead of the usual sweet potato dish I made yam and apple casserole. Actually I made two versions of that because I made a small one with stevia instead of sugar and both turned out fine. I made Frog Eye salad but substituted pomegranate ariels for mandarin oranges and it was a bit hit. It was very pretty.
We also had rolls, a fresh veggie tray and cranberry sauce made with stevia. Due to a little miscommunication people brought 6 bottles of Martinellis - but I think we only drank two of them.
We finished with pecan and pumpkin pies.
There was a lot of food left over on purpose. Neal's daughters were invited to another relative's house on Thanksgiving but they came here this afternoon for "pie and leftovers." Not all were able to come but both of Neal's daughters were here along with one boyfriend and the two grandkids. We ate basically the same food but I had baked rolls and cupcakes yesterday. The cupcakes were in honor of Gwenan's birthday so they were frosted with pretty flowers and one had candles in it for her.
It is a relief tonight to look in my refrigerator and not feel overwhelmed by the sight of more food than I would be able to eat.
This is the first Thanksgiving without grandson Isaac and although we didn't talk much about him I am sure he was in all of our thoughts.
It has been a very pleasant evening. I love having family around!
Now it's time to get serious about Christmas preparations!
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment