Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Another Milestone

Yesterday was Neal's birthday.  Because it is close to the anniversary of his passing, it is an emotional time for me, but I am always filled with gratitude that we found each other again and spent 10 1/2 happy years together before he went Home.  The night Neal died his daughters and sisters planned a birthday party / wake in his honor and we gathered here to visit and share memories of Neal while eating his favorite birthday cake.  The party was the day before his funeral so lots of family were arriving - I think there were 22 who joined us that evening.
I'm impressed when others remember events which are important to me, so I appreciate the text messages, the comments on Facebook and the emails and calls I received yesterday.  Last evening a good friend dropped by with flowers for Neal.  She told me that Neal's passing left a big hole in the lives of everyone who knew him.  I know I'm not the only one who misses him and each day I am grateful for the blessings of eternal marriage.
These tiny yellow roses are charming

2 comments:

Dana Day said...

Joane,
Thank you for your example of endurance. I love when you share your memories and feelings about Neal. You had a lovely love story and still do. I bet you look forward to the day you get to catch up on everything. Love Ya, Dana...

MTGrace said...

How could everyone NOT love him?? He was such a lovable goofball. I miss him so much.