It feels like fall this morning and was only 49 degrees when we began our 3 mile walk at 5:30. There was low-lying fog across the trail and it followed me home and surrounded my house afterwards. That means it will be time for sweatshirts and jeans and warm socks very soon. So I pulled out the tub of sweatshirts to see what I might like to wear - found the Seahawks sweatshirt just in time for the game tonight! I also found a skirt tucked in that container - a favorite I couldn't bear to give up when I started gaining weight when Neal was hospitalized and our lives changed. The skirt is washable suede in a rich tan color and I remember how it made me feel whenever I wore it. I know that's why I hadn't put it in a donation box. I really thought it was a much smaller size but today I realized it might be close to the size I now wear. I tried it on - and it fits!
One thing led to another and I pulled out the jeans I put away last spring when the weather was warmer. Every pair of jeans was too big.
I haven't lost any weight at all - in fact I think the scale might be broken and stuck on that number. But I've been walking all summer and I've cut back on drinking soda (gave up caffeinated drinks last year and my preference for A&W is not a craving). Those two things have made a difference and I'm down more than one size. The new smaller size is now too loose on me so I need to think about shopping for jeans again. I used to have jeans in a smaller size but I gave them away when I thought I'd never wear them again.
I'm so glad I kept the skirt!
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Go you. That is very exciting. A whole new wardrobe starting with a favorite skirt.
Good for you! Glad the magic is still in the skirt. I've saved items that always made me feel great only to find that the magic was gone when I got back to that size.
Post a Comment