Last September our son-in-law Brent called to see if we had any objection to him starting to date. We told him he didn't need our permssion but he certainly had our blessings, that we were sure he had been lonely without Julia. In November he called one morning and I said, "Hi Brent, what's new? His response? "I'm engaged!" He'd met Stephanie, and as they became acquainted, they had both prayed about it and felt that they should be married. So, on December 22nd Stephanie quit her job in Ohio, Brent flew out to help her pack, they drove to Arizona to spend a little time with his family, then on to Utah where they were married on December 31st. Following a brief honeymoon, they are now living in Reno.It has taken me awhile to come to grips with this change. I love Brent and want him to be happy, but it's difficult for me to accept that others might be ready to move on to new relationships while I'm still waking up every morning and missing my daughter. But each day it becomes a little easier - we wish them all the best and look forward to meeting Stephanie in the near future.



2 comments:
Wow, that's a shocking and tough change to get used to. I'm so impressed by your attitude.
This is a hard one Joan and you're so gracious about it...
Post a Comment