Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin waffles!

Recently I made Belgian waffles with canned pumpkin for flavor and they were pretty good although the pumpkin was a little subtle - probably didn't add enough. About the same time I bought Limited Edition Pumpkin ice cream but it was disappointing - the spices overwhelmed the pumpkin. Not wanting to waste it I decided to try making waffles again using the ice cream. The result - we have a winner! The ice cream added something extra(calories?) while the batter absorbed the excess spice flavor and it was yummy. I'm sorry I didn't write down amounts, so this is just a guess:
2 C pumpkin ice cream
1/4 C canned pumpkin
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 C milk
2-3 C Bisquick
Blend first ingredients with egg, stir in milk, then fold in the Bisquick.
Every time I use the little Belgian waffle maker my sister-in-law gave us, I remember why I love waffles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yummy!