So much has happened since my last blog entry, but I can't focus on those things tonight. I just need to express my feelings with only a few hours remaining before we head to the hospital. My heart is full and I finally feel the peace I've sought for the past two days. It is what it is, and we are in God's hands tonight.
All week I have worried that Neal would catch a cold or that the van would break down, or something else would happen to prevent us arriving at this point. I think we're safe and I know I will be able to sleep tonight.
In the morning - really early in the morning - we'll check in at Registration. They want us there by 5am, so that means our morning routine will begin at 3:15am. After Neal is in the surgical waiting room, I'll ride his power chair back to the van and stash it for the duration. I'll return to his little cubicle and stay until they come for him. Then I'll go to the cardiac waiting room to hang out for however many hours it will take.
Tonight we read the lesson in the RS/Phd manual about Eternal Marriage. It was a nice reminder that we have something to look forward to, as well as the joy that comes right now from having a temple marriage.
Neal is such a great guy. He's thoughtful, he's funny, he's intelligent, and he tries hard to do his best. He is so good to me and makes me feel cherished. The blessing he received on Sunday was a comfort as he was told that the desires of his heart were known to Heavenly Father and were possible.
We are ready.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment