Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Change of Plans

I finished entering the stake calendar about 1:30pm today.  At 2pm I took Neal to Urgent Care and they sent us on to the nearest emergency room.  I think we've been there too often because we know lots of the staff, including wonderful Dr S who diagnosed Neal's aortic dissection in 2005.  He stopped by Neal's room to say hello and catch up.  Four hours later they suggested I go home because it would be about three more hours before they'd have any answers and at least six hours before they would finish one treatment (what is buffering the kidneys anyway?)
I came home, hauled the trash to the curb, ate supper and fell asleep on the couch.  Neal called about 30 minutes ago to tell me they had decided to admit him to the hospital to treat an inflamation in his colon.  That explains the pain and other symptoms he's had for the past several days.  Not flu.  About ten minutes ago the nurse called to give me further details.  They are quite sure of the diagnosis and Neal's expectation of "overnight" will probably be extended a day or two.  He is not going to be happy about that.
At least the calendar is finished but I have no idea when / if/ how I'll get to the other Christmas preparations on my list.
But priorities are back in place - getting this man healthy again comes first.  Other things can wait or just be set aside for another year.
Oh!  It's Wednesday, the package arrived, was opened tonight and finally I can share what he did! 
See this camcorder?

CANON VIXIA

He bought two of them - one for me and one for my daughter!  Mostly it's so I can capture memories when the baby is born in January and I'm there for the event, but also because Neal doesn't think he'll ever be able to see their home in North Dakota.  The second one is so that my daughter will be able to share with us all the things we'll miss being so far away. 
Like I said, my husband is amazing.

2 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Yippee skippy! (Well, the part about the camera anyways.) Hopefully all our prayers will be heard, and he'll come home earlier.

Kathy said...

What a sweet, thoughtful hubby. He thinks of everything. We pray that he will rest comfortably and that he will heal quickly from this latest illness. We also hope you can get the rest you need and also be able to accomplish all you desire to do.