I haven't been blogging because I've been working on another project.
I have been Renton Stake Website Administrator since February 2007. Usually by this time I am finished with the stake calendar for the following year, and the 2011 basics were posted last August! Then there was a revision, but several major events were missing on that copy so it wasn't much help but I received another "almost final" draft in November and began using that to post everything I could. Yesterday at church I was informed that the FINAL version of the 2011 calendar was ready. It arrived last night and I've been working on it every spare minute since then. Were there any changes from previous drafts? Oh yes. Some are significant, others not so much but each has to be deleted or moved or corrected. I find myself muttering at the calendar (that's not normal, right?) I should know better than to work on the website on a Sunday or Monday - the entire site is slow then, which extends the time it takes to complete each entry. I've corrected everything up to August 2011 but I'm told there are lots of changes in the last part of the year so I know it's not halfway finished yet. Grr.
I like my calling I really do, but this was the week I planned to address and send Christmas cards and bake holiday treats for neighbors. Then my husband has some problems that need my help. So much for those plans. But none of this is a huge deal. All of my complaints seem trivial because good friends are mourning the sudden loss of their only son last week. I ache for them and for their young daughter-in-law and give thanks for the Gospel and eternal perspective.
In addition to the calendar this week has some scheduled events that we cannot miss - the funeral, a couple of appointments and a commitment at the temple. Plus cleaning and laundry and bills and gift wrapping and meals and and and.
Looks like the Christmas cards will be late.
Two more days and I will share what my wonderful husband did! Hopefully by then I'll have enough of the calendar finished that I won't feel guilty if I take time off to work on my own projects.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I remember the year our family was so busy, that we didn't do a Christmas newsletter. It turned into a Valentine's newsletter instead :)
Don't stress...you still have plenty of time for cards! And THANKS for your work you do on the website...I notice! I use it ALL the time. You are great!!!
Post a Comment