Monday, October 17, 2011

Teaching the Laurels

My Laurel class is very tiny - in fact one Sunday I only had one girl in class.  Usually there are two and on good days the potential is five.  It's a challenge to teach almost face to face, to develop any kind of enthusiasm or to have a lively class discussion when so few are there.
Then there's the challenge of helping them to remember the lesson.  This week's lesson is about promoting family unity but I am not by nature a crafty person so I haven't come up with a clever way to help them want to improve family unity with a candy bar handout or something amazing.  However I DO have office supplies. I have a paper cutter, paper punches, colored paper, card stock, and there are lunch bags in my pantry. So this is what I made for next Sunday:
Each bag contains suggestions to promote family unity by participating together in various activities.  I needed orange ribbon for seasonal effect, but at least the suggestions inside are on orange paper.
And - it's only Monday and next Sunday's handouts are ready!
Back to the lesson...

2 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Wow. You sound as crafty as me! The only "crafty" thing I'm good at is crocheting. :)

MTGrace said...

Way to go, Mom!