I was born in Afton Wyoming. My mother was born in Fairview. Both small towns are in an area along the west side of the state known as Star Valley.
During the opening session of General Conference this morning President Monson announced six new temples - from Provo to France to the Congo to South Africa to Colombia and finally - Star Valley Wyoming. I know that many people were excited about a second temple in Provo, but hearing Star Valley at first startled me and then made me cry. Nearly all of my mother's people settled in StarValley and some of my family are still there. Wow. I could imagine the joy they must have felt at that announcement. My cell phone went wild with texts and calls as friends and family reacted to that news.
I am so grateful. I know what winters are like in the valley and how difficult it has been for residents to get over the mountains in the wintertime to temples in Idaho Falls or Rexburg.
My heart is full.
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I still can't hear or read or even think about the words Star Valley Temple without crying. I wonder how long it's going to take before it starts to sound normal to me. Such a blessing for our family!
Post a Comment