Monday, May 12, 2014

I Don't Think So

On Saturday there was a statement in the mail from Medicare, informing me that they were denying a claim.  The patient?  My husband.  The date of the claim? February 14, 2014.
According to the paperwork, he had a stress test with EKG monitoring - this year.  Medicare's decision was to deny the claim because, and I quote: "Our records show that the date of death was before the date of service."  
Ya think?
My sweet husband quit taking any kind of tests shortly before he went Home in 2011, and any stress tests stopped in 2005 when he became a paraplegic.
So after talking to lots of different departments in the Swedish hospital system this morning we are in agreement that this claim does not apply to my husband's medical records and must be due to entering the wrong patient ID number.
If I didn't laugh about this, I'm sure I'd cry.  I miss Neal so much.

No comments: