The past week has been filled with situations that hurt my feelings. They weren't major in the eternal scheme of things, but I reacted emotionally.
Then I looked at the calendar.
There are a couple of seasons during the year when life is just hard. The first one begins at the end of January with Julia's birthday, continues through Valentine's Day without my sweetheart, then the date of Neal's passing and finally his birthday.
The second season begins in May with Memorial Day and the date of Julia's passing and concludes with our anniversary on June 3rd. Usually I am prepared for those dates and just allow myself a little time to grieve. But this year Memorial Day came early and I think it caught me off guard.
I guess that's why thoughtless family members, bickering couples and lack of support by people I thought I could rely on all seem to be more significant than at other times of the year.
I think I'll just take a short break from my usual routine and hope that the next ten days pass quickly.




2 comments:
I'm sorry it's a hard spot. I love you and I know Julia and Neal are cheering for you.
Hi Joan, this is Jenna from The Green Lemon. Followed your comment about almonds to your blog--sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. It's surprising how our bodies and hearts remember and grieve things at certain times. Sending prayers your way!
Post a Comment