About four months ago I bought my first smart phone. I have been needing access to the stake directory as well as some way to send group texts to Neal's family so it was time to upgrade.
I've struggled with the lack of memory in the new phone because they had transferred all my photos from my previous phone. I knew there was a way to move all the photos to the SD card, but couldn't seem to do it by myself, nor with my daughter's help. Her phone isn't like mine and we couldn't find the way to transfer photos.
This morning I went to the Verizon store and asked them for help. Quick fingers flew over the screen and my photos were transferred to the card. We double-checked to make sure they were there. The employee asked me if I wanted him to delete the photos from the Gallery on the phone. I asked him if that would also delete them from the card. He said no so I let him do it. I checked to make sure the storage reflected that change, thanked him for his help and drove home.
Back at home I tried to show my daughter how to access the card, the photos weren't in there. I was horrified. We tried a few things without success and then I called the Verizon store. Long story but eventually I drove back to the store where the same employee took my phone and searched all over but was unable to locate the photos. He didn't accept responsibility for their loss but speculated that something had happened to my phone on the trip home from their store. He said he was sorry.
They're gone.
Lost.
Photos of my grandchildren from years past, photos of Julia before she died, and photos of my husband including ones he sent me before he died.
All gone.
I know it's just glimpses of memories but my heart aches to think that all those sweet memories have disappeared and I can never get them back.




No comments:
Post a Comment