Monday, May 19, 2008

Initial observation

In a speech given at Brigham Young University-Hawaii’s graduation ceremony on December 15, 2007, Elder M. Russell Ballard gave a call to action specifically regarding the Internet: “Now, to you who are graduating today and all other faithful members of the Church . . . may I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet, particularly the New Media, to share the gospel and to explain in simple, clear terms the message of the Restoration."

Since blogging seems to be the most effective way to "participate on the Internet," it must be time for me to get involved. I'm not sure what I will post, nor how often, but taking the first step requires establishing a blog. I used to have Yahoo 360 in the past, but there were enough tech problems that I took down the website. I do miss their Avatars though...

So what will be included in my posts? Following the counsel given by Elder Ballard, obviously I need to post about the Gospel as it has blessed my life. Also - posts about my life will be a part of this. Hopefully, rants will not be as frequent as raves. But I'm old and crabby, so I'm not making any promises.

No comments: