Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009


Today is Memorial Day, and while we fly the flag in honor of those who have served and still serve our nation, in my heart it is the day to remember my beautiful daughter Julia. I miss her. Even though I know that she had finished her earthly test before going Home, I still ache for more time with her. I have two friends who also lost daughters last year, and each of them has expressed the same sorrow today. This is a tough day for parents, especially for moms wishing to hold their precious daughters just one more time.
Mother's Day, then Memorial Day, then the anniversary of her death just days away. No wonder the grief has returned with a vengance.

1 comment:

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

I don't know what anyone can say to make it not hurt, but I love you, and only hope I can have your strength and your perspective when I "grow up".