Last Friday Neal did something to his right wrist and even though it isn't as swollen now, it is still very painful for him. We've done the ice and heat and compression things and it has gradually improved, but it's still too tender for him to use. Why is that a big deal? Because he's a paraplegic and needs both arms to transfer out of bed. This morning I was prompted to try Epsom Salts (thank you Carrie), so I prepared a deep dishpan with warm water and the salts, but that angle didn't work, so now he's soaking his wrist in a deep garbage can. My question ----- how many times can the picc line accidentally fall in the epsom salts before it becomes corroded? I put it in a ziplock bag in hopes that will help. I wish they'd decide to take out the picc line this week and put him on oral antibiotics instead of the daily IV.
All around us are more challenges. The son of ward members has a fractured skull, the son of a dear friend has a critical health problem, and my brother is back in the hospital this morning - this time with blood clots in his lungs. I have a friend who just moved to a new state and her husband's medications will run out on Thursday, but not one doctor in a 50 mile radius is accepting new Medicare patients. She is begging for ideas on what to do. Hearing all these problems puts the small stuff in perspective - what's a failed computer in comparison to good health? My personal crisis this morning is that my favorite hairstylist no longer works at the salon, and management either doesn't know or won't say where she went. It's only a small thing but she was so good, and I will miss her.
I'm grateful for an eternal perspective.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
dang! a good hair lady is hard to find! :)
The idea with the garbage can, way to think outside the box.
Losing your hairstylist CAN be critical! In a word of chaos and challenges, a lady just needs to get her hair done.
You are right about your health. We hope your friend can find a provider.
And I'm glad Neal's wrist is improving. Scary to see the mobility dissipate so quickly.
Sending you virtual hugs, since I won't see you for another week and a half. We pray for you. We pray for Neal.
Post a Comment