Sunday, September 25, 2011

Touched My Heart

I've been having terrible headaches for several weeks.  They come and go and each time one hits it feels like pressure on the left side of my head behind my eye.  I thought it was sinus but the doctor says it isn't but appears to be an inflammation of the occipital nerve.  Treatment?  Injections at the base of my skull. Gulp. 
I'm thinking about it.
Meanwhile I was looking forward to last night's broadcast of the General Relief Society meeting and hoped I'd be able to concentrate without a debilitating headache.  Then my neighbor delivered a flyer that the annual cul-de-sac BBQ would be Saturday at the same time as the broadcast.  I tried to think of ways to get out of it but knew I needed to show up at least for awhile.  I made miniature cupcakes and frosted them (citrus with orange frosting) and went out at the start of the broadcast, planning to stay only a few minutes and be back in time for most of the speakers.
So much for my plan.
The time spent with neighbors was enjoyable but when I finally returned I had missed the first three talks.  I expected the last speaker would be President Monson but President Uchtdorf spoke instead.  I hope you have heard his talk.  Many times today women have said how much his words touched them.  Go here to listen to it again or for the first time.
I hope it speaks to your heart as it did to mine.

No comments: