Sunday, November 20, 2011

Countdown

It's Thanksgiving week and there is much to do to prepare for the family gathering, but leapfrogging over it to countdown to Christmas - I have almost finished shopping.  I still have 4 gifts to buy but they will be a simple online transaction in a week or so.  All the rest is purchased and most of it is on its way or has already arrived.  I love being able to shop online with Amazon and use their Prime shipping.  I pay one set fee for a year and everything that qualifies is delivered within two days.  It's certainly easier than buying a gift, finding a box, packing it, addressing it, driving to the post office or UPS, paying an extra fee for distance from nearest terminal and waiting for it to arrive in North Dakota.  Two days with no additional fee is much simpler.
I have to show one gift.  My grandson will have his first birthday on December 22, so I'm giving him a combination birthday/Christmas gift. He's a baby, he won't even know, right?  But this was just too cute and I'm sure he will enjoy it especially since his current favorite toy is a laundry basket.  This should be great fun.
Little boys need pirate ships.

2 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

From what I know of your daughter, and her love for pirates, this looks PERFECT!

MTGrace said...

The other added bonus to sending presents directly to us from Amazon is that I get to wrap the presents myself. I enjoy wrapping presents!!