Thursday, March 22, 2012

Early-Morning Promptings

I haven't done my 2011 taxes yet.  Truth is, I'm a little afraid of how much I'll owe because last year was so unusual.  I've managed to procrastinate until it's coming down to the wire but I keep pushing that to-do item to another day. 
I'm running out of days.
Last spring when I was clearing out all the handicap equipment and the wound care supplies and the paraplegic supplies I was too stressed and disorganized to make a list of what was donated to which facility.  However I did take photos of each batch of donations so that I could make a spreadsheet of everything that was donated someday "when I had more time." 
Well that someday never came.
Early this morning I awoke with the thought running through my head that I need to get moving on the tax project and that getting that donation list completed was vital.
Then came a sweet thought to my mind.  I know it wasn't my thought because one thing I've learned is that in the quiet early-morning hours I frequently get promptings about simpler ways to handle things I've prayed about.  This prompting was that the easy way to deal with the donations was to simply print the photos on plain paper and identify the donations right on the photos.  I can even put the recipient information on the back of each photo.  I got up and printed the photos.  I'm glad I changed cartridges on my printer yesterday so the pictures are clear. 
That simple step makes things so much easier for me and moves me past a big hurdle so I can stop dreading the whole thing and get on with completing the 2011 tax return. 
And since it is snowing outside right now I am grateful I ran most of my errands yesterday and don't need to go anywhere today.  Good day to stay in and begin Turbo Tax.
I also want to blog about my recent trip but that will have to wait for another day. 
Trip? 
I went to Mexico and Guatemala and had a wonderful time. 
Details to follow.

1 comment:

MTGrace said...

I'm so glad you were prompted about an easier way to deal with that stress! And after saying you don't have to go anywhere today, I sent you on an errand for me. Oops! Sorry! But thank you so much for doing that for me!