After all that prep to organize the medical donations - I didn't use any of it. I had planned to use it and even made notes on the photos. But as I started the tax filing process I began to feel that it wasn't necessary and that itemizing all of that stuff (two electric wheelchairs plus all the other equipment and supplies) would be enough of a change from the ordinary to trigger an audit and that I just shouldn't do it.
So I didn't.
I finished entering all the information into the Turbo Tax program, scattering papers all over the room in the process. When the dust settled I was delighted to learn that the amount I owed was significantly less than I had feared. Earlier advice from a CPA didn't correspond to selections in the Turbo Tax program so I went with the program's choices. My broker called back with a clarification about the roll-over of an insurance policy and - I was done.
All that was left was to print the forms, write a check and clean up the mess I had created. It's not even April and the weight is off my shoulders.
I am grateful.
Monday, March 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment