Friday, October 4, 2013

August in North Dakota

The last time I saw my grandchildren was in the spring of 2012 - and Skype doesn't work when there is limited bandwidth, so a visit was long overdue.  I found tickets at a great price and flew to Grand Forks where my daughter met me at the airport.  We did a little shopping and then drove two hours to their home.  Since I last saw them they had moved out in the country where the view is beautiful if you like fields and plants and no other houses.
 
This is the road that runs in from of their house.  The school bus turns around in their driveway - very convenient!

Living in a rural area means there will be windbreaks - these trees were so pretty.
The yellow plant in the distance is canola in bloom.

I didn't think to take a picture of the house but here's part of it
with two of my favorite people on the porch.

My daughter dug up a 12x20 foot section of sod
to have a garden this year and it did well.

I don't like this picture of me but it's the only one taken with my daughter.

Pajamas and boots and headed "to work"


Dreygan loves playing outside
Well-loved truck
The tractor is his pride and joy.


I took several pictures of Celestina in her school clothes. 
She is growing so fast!
 
We spent hours together while I was there



She is such a pretty girl.  4th grade this fall!

This is their rescued turtle.  His name is Crush.
Aren't those colors amazing?

Celestina caught several caterpillars and watched them change.

One evening my son-in-law took me with him to plow a field.
It was an interesting experience. 
The driver has a comfortable armchair that adapts to the motion of the tractor 
and the passenger gets a bouncy jump seat.

This is what he used- 850 hp! 
The piece of equipment it is hauling is 50' wide.

The only picture I took of my wonderful son-in-law.
He is a hard-working man.

See those steps next to me? 
They are higher than I thought - took me two tries to get up there.  I can't pull with my right arm (torn rotator cuff) and the engine was so hot on the other side that I couldn't steady myself with my left arm.

Dreygan's bedroom is at the top of the stairs so there is a baby gate to protect him from falling during the night.  The rocking chair on the left is supposed to be by the bookcase on the landing.  The rocking chair on the right is supposed to be on the other side of his bedroom.  However, he has figured out that if he reaches over the gate he can drag the one on the left up to the gate, then push the chair in his room close to the gate.  He climbs onto the rocking chair in his room, steps over the gate onto the chair on the left and escapes.  These are rocking chairs.  At the top of the stairs. 
The morning I left - it was so hard to say goodbye to my family.

Grand Forks has a new airport terminal and it is very nice. 
In the waiting area they have these darling little chairs - they were very popular with little kids.


1 comment:

MTGrace said...

Oooh! Pictures I hadn't seen yet! It was so fun having such a nice visit with you.