Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dream Coming True

On Saturday the stake executive secretary called and asked us to meet the next morning with President Taggart. We spent the evening guessing which one of us would have a new calling, but we were both wrong.
We have accepted a call to serve a mission.
It will be a Service Mission, which means we'll be able to live in our (handicap-accessible) home and still be missionaries.
Our assignment will be the LDS Employment Center, so Neal is calling it the Lower Rentonian Mission.
We think (based on the paperwork) that it will be for 12 months.
We are most grateful for this opportunity.

5 comments:

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

very cool!

Laura Jex said...

I am so glad you get to serve close!!! What would I do if you had to go far away???

Kate said...

That's so neat!

Jennifer said...

So I just read this. After your facebook comment I thought I should check here. How fun will that be. Good luck on this new adventure. Looks like I have some of your blog entries to catch up on.

Angie said...

I didn't know that. What a cool opportunity for you guys!