I've been going through some hard things recently. May is tough for me and is followed immediately by my anniversary. That means this season is challenging by itself, but there have been so many other concerns and frustrations that I just don't have patience for anything else.
The dance festival is finally over and I've put in many extra hours helping with the conclusion. There were costumes to be washed, ironed, sorted, inventoried, packed and prepared for shipping - not really part of my calling but the people in charge needed help. I think that project became a distraction from some other problems as I worked on it for two days this week.
There are some situations that emotionally I simply cannot handle and I've mentioned them on here before. I don't care if others don't understand - they didn't spend 5 1/2 years in my shoes so they don't get to judge. I make it very clear I will help in other ways so it's not like I'm refusing all help for others. However the past three weeks have been cluttered with random requests and expectations that put more on my plate than I needed considering the season. Last year I stayed so busy that I didn't allow myself any time to grieve and that didn't work, so I am trying to listen to my heart and do what I need to be emotionally and spiritually healthy.
That's all - not much of an explanation but all I can give right now.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
And you have every right in the world not to accept every single request (or demand) people send your way. It's only been a year. You're still grieving.
Sister Whiteford, you'd be surprised I think to find out how often yours and Neal's name comes up ALL the time in RS. Everyone so admires you both and all the work you have done, and continue to do. You are an AMAZING person and couple. Thank you for being who you are. I love ya! May the Lord continue to bless you <3
Post a Comment