Someone should write a song with the words "He that hath cold hands has been in the garage..."
We just spent a good part of the afternoon in the garage, completing an inventory of our food storage. Why? Because one of us thinks we have a year's supply and one of us (me) does not. And why the garage? Because the previous owners had wonderful cupboards built out there to hold lots of storage - a great place for cans and bottles. So I counted cans and boxes and jars while Neal wrote down what I told him. In the process I discovered that sometimes "putting away the groceries" has resulted in random locations for the same things. A bonus! The inventory project also resulted in organized shelves. We have some very old wheat and old cannery chili, and while I suspect the wheat might be okay, I don't hold out much hope for the chili.
Now my wonderful husband is putting together a spreadsheet with everything listed, and then we'll actually have a way to determine what is needed and where we should focus.
Recently we bought three barrels for water (not for drinking, just for flushing toilets etc), but they used to hold pop syrup, and they need to be cleaned out and filled with water. Not today - my fingers are still cold from doing the inventory!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment