This has been an interesting week, with snow the first part and now wonderful sunshine. Of course, sunshine makes me notice that all the windows in this house are in need of cleaning. But that's for a warmer day.
We made some financial changes this week, moving a little money from one place to another, and feel like it was a good decision.
I'm not sure if Facebook is a good or bad thing - neutral, I guess. Quick one-liners seem to have replaced actual communication or long letters, or even email for that matter. I miss early morning breakfasts with colleagues, letters and phone calls from family, and those other, older ways of keeping in touch. While our cable and high-speed internet were out of order yesterday, I realized how much we depend on our electronics.
This morning I'm returning to the HOME program school to judge a science fair. Returning because I taught there for a brief time just before Neal went into the hospital in 2005. I enjoy going back for this event - the students work hard to prepare, and it's a pleasure to interview them during the judging process.
This evening is ward temple night, and then there will be a "dessert potluck" here at our home. I've made a dessert, actually two, and just need to vacuum and move chairs around to be ready. I'm looking forward to returning to the temple - the two weeks it's been closed felt like we were deprived of a spiritual refuge.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I miss the science fair. It was always fun to judge that. I know what you say about facebook. I like it, but it seems with all this "digital" communication sometimes its not as nice as actually talking to people. It is nice to be in contact with people that you haven't seen in a while, but have just lost contact. I have found many friends that I have "lost". Sometimes I message them instead of writing on their wall. I try to balance it talking to people too. Hope you are doing good.
Post a Comment