Thursday, March 26, 2009

Christmas present

Today I redeemed my 2008 Christmas gift card. Neal gave me "A Day At The Spa" for Christmas, and I finally managed to be organized enough to schedule it. Actually, I scheduled it twice for the same time. It was originally scheduled for this morning, but then we had a family medical situation and went to the Peninsula yesterday. Since I didn't know if we would have to be there today as well, I cancelled my appointment. But the family member's surgery has been scheduled for next Monday, which meant I had today open. At 4:55pm yesterday, on our way home from Silverdale, I called the Spa to see if they could still take me today, and they could. Yay!
Where was I? My day of pampering began at 9:15 this morning. I was taken to a private treatment room, given a robe to wear and began with a foot soak. That was followed by exfoliating, then skin treatment, then massage, then relaxing under a heat lamp for awhile before the facial. I think I liked the facial part best - 90 minutes! One of the products was an oxygen treatment to help the skin be more hydrated. (I wanted to buy some to bring home, but it was $78 for tiny bottle, so no.) I really liked the arm and hand massage while the mask was drying, and the neck treatment was wonderful.
It makes me feel good when estheticians tell me my skin is in good condition. Each time they ask what I use on my skin, I just tell them "as little as possible." However, the most important thing I've done is use moisturizer since I was 16 years old. Having dry skin makes that a necessity, especially growing up in a dry climate like Wyoming.
The pampering is wonderful, and I hope to go back someday. My only wish would be that the "massage" were more like a professional deep muscle massage rather than the gentle skin manipulation that is common in spas. But I feel relaxed, and my skin feels great!
Thank you for the gift card, honey.

No comments: