The tomato box is finished, filled with a layer of rock, then of wonderful topsoil, and the plants are in. We have two cherry tomato plants, one fast-growing regular tomato, several red lettuce starts, and six butternut squash plants. I hope they all over-produce so that we have a summer of tomatoes and lettuce and LOTS of yummy squash next fall. I've never grown butternut before, so this is going to be a learning process.
Friday, June 5, 2009
It's done!
The tomato box is finished, filled with a layer of rock, then of wonderful topsoil, and the plants are in. We have two cherry tomato plants, one fast-growing regular tomato, several red lettuce starts, and six butternut squash plants. I hope they all over-produce so that we have a summer of tomatoes and lettuce and LOTS of yummy squash next fall. I've never grown butternut before, so this is going to be a learning process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh, it does look beautiful. I hope you get a bountiful harvest. What fun!
I love that Idea!
Post a Comment