Monday, January 16, 2012

With An Assist by Mother Nature

Shortly after my daughter passed away her husband sent me several boxes of Julia's treasures.  One box contained nothing but letters she had received.  They were divided by sender and tied with ribbons.  Anne and I went through them and pulled out the letters from grandparents and from us but the rest of the letters were still in the box for me to deal with "later."  You know how that goes.
We had snow yesterday - enough that there was at least 3 inches of it on the roof and the hood of my Subaru when I came home from church.  I should have brushed it off before driving into the garage but I really didn't think about what would happen when it melted.  I guess if I thought about it at all I assumed it would slowly melt, become puddles and then would dry on the garage floor.
Wrong.
It melted and became a stream across the garage floor where it soaked some pieces of carpet and the boxes sitting on top of the carpet.  The box with the most damage was the box with the letters.  It was a mess.
Apparently Mother Nature was tired of the clutter because she took care of it for me. 

No comments: