Since the destruction of the hard drive and subsequent demise of my computer last week I have lost major chunks of data that mattered to me. Evidently it didn't matter enough to back it up as often as I should. (Ahem) Objectively speaking, it really isn't that important. So many other experiences are bigger and more significant so I won't collapse in the face of that loss. I do miss my journal though. And my calendar of upcoming commitments. And my conference notes. Sigh.
It is July 1st and the year is half over. Wow. Have I accomplished very much during the first 6 months of 2012? Well...
1. I survived a 58 hour power outage, thanks to a generator and kind friends.
2. I became better acquainted with my neighbors.
3. I survived one year without Neal.
4. I went on the Book of Mormon Lands tour to Mexico and Guatemala - and didn't get sick!
5. I had an epic road trip from Seattle to Langdon North Dakota and back.
6. I saw my first grandchild be baptized.
7. I made it through 6 months of practices and the multi-stake Dance Festival.
8. I survived four years without my daughter Julia.
9. I traded my timeshare in Hawaii for two weeks in a larger unit at a different time of the year.
10. I shared my garage with my neighbor as she staged her home and prepared to move to Alaska.
11. I rented my long driveway to another neighbor as a place to store their travel trailer.
12. I found a new place to go shooting.
13. I've increased my study of the scriptures and temple attendance.
14. I've wept over the loss of Neal's oldest grandson.
I wonder what the rest of this year holds for us?
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment